You can play an integral role in growing this movement and redefining the education system in our country. Here is how you can get involved:
take a step
It takes a movement of people contributing in different ways towards educational equity. Here are 10 ways to join the movement; small and big steps that will get us to our vision that one day all children will receive an excellent education.
- 1. Share your skills in art/ dance/ theatre to bring arts into a child’s learning
- 2. Tutor or mentor a child once a week on Sundays
- 3. Conduct a student/teacher exchange between a high-income school and a low-income school
- 4. Pay for a counselor in a school, or a teacher for children with special needs
- 5. Gift board games or educational aids to a classroom
- 6. Donate 5 percent of your salary each month to education
- 7. Launch a social media campaign around educational equity
- 8. Thank someone who has been a teacher to you
- 9. Be a role-model for children around you.
- 10. Widen Teach For India’s reach by sharing our success stories and writing about our initiative across platforms.