A Campaign Leader is responsible for ensuring that Teach For India finds the most promising future leaders from colleges and corporates to join the Fellowship program. This is a critical and demanding role with the individual being responsible for setting a vision and strategy for building awareness at an institution. The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, an ability to build strong relationships, invest individuals to apply for the Fellowship and drive a high-impact strategy. He/she will be the face of Teach For India at a college or corporate, embody Teach For India’s core values and be able to deliver results that will ensure Teach For India continues to fuel the movement that will end educational inequity.
As a Campaign Leader, you will be the face of Teach For India at your corporate or college from July 1, 2015 to March 1, 2016. You will singularly drive the Teach For India brand at your institution. By planning and executing strategic campaigns at your institution, you will ultimately ensure the best and brightest applicants apply to join the fight for education equity in this country. This is an unpaid opportunity that allows you to build critical skills.
The Recruitment Team at Teach For India is responsible for ensuring that the leaders with the best minds and best hearts apply and join the Teach For India Fellowship. To that end, we aim to meet as many promising applicants as possible and inform, inspire, and invest them into our work by sharing three key messages:
1. The Fellowship is one of the greatest leadership-development programs in India.
2. Our Alumni force is currently spread across sectors around the world fighting to end educational inequity in India.
3. This will be the challenge of your life.
We build the Teach For India brand at colleges and corporates nationwide and internationally, conduct presentations, identify high potential candidates, and conceptualize as well as execute events to raise brand awareness and value. The team is vital to ensure that the vision of Teach For India - One day all children in India will attain an excellent education, is ultimately realized.
The Recruitment Team consists of 18 full-time staff members and over 200 Campaign Leaders in colleges and corporates across India and the world.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Spread awareness about education inequity by planning, organizing and implementing various strategies and events to raise awareness (Example: Teach For India presentations, events, partnering with fests/ CSR events, running stalls, organizing a Teach For India day, etc) in your college or corporate.
· Build strong relationships with various stakeholders in your institution and act as a point of contact between Teach For India and your institution.
· Invest and motivate the best leaders at your college or corporate to apply to the Teach For India Fellowship program. You will constantly refer promising candidates in the organization to the Teach For India Recruitment Team member that you are working with.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Belief that all children deserve an excellent education
· Exemplify Teach For India’s core values: sense of possibility, teamwork, excellence, integrity, resourcefulness, seva, reflection, and respect and humility
· Being professional at all times, holding oneself and others to high expectations
· Independent, self-motivated, and passionate
· Past leadership experience
· Excellent communication skills with an ability to motivate and engage large groups as well as individuals
Leadership Development Opportunity
Through the Campaign Leader role, you have the potential to build and deepen critical skills:
Building Relationships and Influencing Others
Work effectively in a team and communicate articulately
Understand various perspectives
Influence and motivate others
Reasoning and Strategic Thinking
Define opportunities as well as problems and be solution-oriented
Idenfity patterns, trends and relationships and root your decisions in data
Make decisions effectively and taking ownership of an entire campaign
Operations and Management
Set a vision and drive towards ambitious goals
Take initiative, organize, plan and execute projects
Share best practices with the larger Campaign Leader team
Learn and continuously improve
Step 1: Submit your online application form HERE
Step 2: Personal interview with a Teach For India Recruitment Team member
Step 3: Induction Program
For any queries email email@example.com