The Impact Manager is responsible for setting a vision and driving the strategy to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of our Fellowship program. Through a deep and comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the program, he/she will design approaches to measure and evaluate our effectiveness and strength at the student, Fellow and staff level making key recommendations to strategy. Leading robust reflective cycles through the year at multiple periods, he or she will be a strategic thought partner to multiple teams and drive a culture of data driven, reflective practice.
Teach For India’s Training and Impact team drives efforts to empower and shape leaders who will transform the lives of thousands of students across India and ultimately eliminate educational inequity. We will train hundreds of new teachers at the 2016 Summer Institute in Pune. We will help equip Fellows with the foundational knowledge, skills and mindsets to become transformational teachers and leaders.
During the academic year, we will design assessments, curricula, tools and other resources for supporting and developing all 2015 and 2016 Fellows in refining their practice. In 2015-2016, the efforts of the Training and Impact team will reach over 30,000 children in Teach For India classrooms and thousands more through efforts such as InpirED.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Research & Analysis
· Answers research questions to improve Teach For Indias approach.
· Predicts and analyzes strength of the program across multiple variables and contexts
· Sets a vision for holistic impact evaluation on students, Fellow & Alumni development and Staff effectiveness
Monitoring & Evaluation
· Designs tools and systems for ongoing M & E at Institute and after Institute in collaboration with the Institute manager and supports course correction and adaptations
· Designs tools and systems for on-going M & E through the academic year in collaboration with the Senior Training Manager and support Senior program managers on strategic decision making in local contexts
· Establishes tools and systems to measure ongoing effectiveness of training and curricula resources, support to city teams and collaborates with Curriculum Managers to review strategy
Reporting and Learning
· Collaboratively with OE, the Longitudinal Study team and the Communications team, illustrates the impact of the program both internally and externally
· Establishes learning loops with Selection, Training & Alumni teams to maintain a long term evaluation and adaptations in design at all stages of the program
· Designs reports with every reflective cycle to drive comprehensive evaluation conversations.
· Engages with city teams, members of the Training team and other key stakeholders to deepen their understanding of impact and support them in setting data driven goals and priorities
· Supports the Training and Impact team with additional projects
· Gives sessions on data analysis to build skills and develop others
· Manages other members of the impact team
· Supports Teach for India’s Recruitment and Selection Teams
· Works at Teach For India’s summer Institute as the Manager of Impact or in another role.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
· Basic understanding of how to design and interpret a multivariate regression analysis
· Understanding of basic statistical concepts involved in survey design and data analysis (including multiple causality, omitted variable bias, external validity, standard errors, t tests, internal validity, histograms, the different measures of central tendency, variance, etc.)
· Proficient with the use of MS Excel including Pivot Tables and formulae (including but not limited to SUMIF, SUMIFS, COUNTIF, COUNT, VLOOKUP, LEFT, IFERROR, AVERAGE, QUARTILE, TRANPOSE, MATCH, etc.)
· Demonstrated proficiency working with nested functions and also be comfortable creating infographics to display his/her analysis and results.
· A working knowledge of VBA is preferred but not essential
· Deep understanding of how to analyse data effectively and efficiently
· Deep understanding of the program and the theory of change
Competencies and Abilities
· Ability to manage and develop both people and projects
Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English
· Ability to effectively communicate and report analytics succinctly
Values and Mindsets
· Belief that every single child deserves an excellent education and that every single child has the ability to be successful academically, despite their background
· Strong willingness to learn from past mistakes and move forward with clarity and confidence
Education and Experience
· Graduate with relevant education in Statistics or research
· 2+ years’ relevant experience handling data and conducting analysis